This is called Hickman Bridge and was our favorite hike.
Here is the other side of Hickman Bridge.
R, T and A had fun finding different "things" in the rock formations, like faces, and animals (kinda like finding things in the clouds). Toby saw a skeleton face here. Can you see it?
Hint: it's actually on the rock, not in the formation.
Our hotel had a pool and the kids had a blast. Here are a few pictures. Lacie LOVED the water and naturally started kicking and using her arms. It was very cute and funny to see it. The camera lense kept fogging up because it was warm and steamy with the hot tub next to the pool.
On our way home (it wasn't really on our way) we stopped at Goblin Valley. If we weren't so tired the kids would have had a blast running all over. We had fun anyway. Goblin Valley looks like a "field" of little goblins. When you get down in them they are huge rock formations and they are fun to climb in, around and on. Actually I don't think you are really supposed to climb on them but it was very interesting and if I was a geologist, I would be in heaven.
Toby is kicking the "football" through the "goal posts."
We had a fun time but are glad to be home. Well, Larry and I are: I think the kids could have stayed for a couple of weeks!
I'm not sure how I found your blog, Kristen, but it was fun to read. I noticed your pictures of Goblin Valley and smiled: I went there for the first time last summer and loved it. Great place. (Now watch the movie "Galaxy Quest", which was filmed there!) And I have to say: Ryan has gotten so BIG since the last time I saw you all.
ReplyDeleteI hope this finds you all well: give my best to Larry and the boys as well.
Nice blog.