Sunday, January 2, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year !!!

We had a great Christmas this year.  I hope my kids remember the real meaning of Christmas and how greatful we are for the birth of our Savior.  Every year I wonder if I have taught them enough.  We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa Jeffs house after opening presents.

So, here are a few pictures from Christmas morning.


Just coming down the stairs to open presents.  Yes, Toby is in his underwear.


Alexa found Julie the "American Girl Doll" she's been admiring (and really wanting) under the tree!



Another of her favorites was this sucker from Ry.


Even Sunny found something waiting for her.  And Ryan was surprised by his ipod he thought he wasn't getting :).


Toby was excited to find pillow pets for everyone and quickly claimed the dolphin.



Lacie wasn't sure what to think of all the wrapping paper and mess but I think she could feel the excitement in the air!


On Monday the 27th Alexa got her ears pierced!!  She really wanted them pierced and was very brave.  We heard a girl in the store say to her mom, "That little girl just got her ears pierced and didn't even cry."  She was very excited to show them off and can't wait to wear "different earings everyday" she says.




Five days after Christmas was my birthday.  Larry surprised me by taking the day off, taking me shopping and then to dinner at one of our favs, PF Changs.  It was delicious!  We came home and had cake and icecream with the kids, Grandma and Grandpa Jeffs and my dad.


(Lacie really wanted to grab the candles.)

The next night was New Years Eve and we celebrated by having a quiet house.  R, T and A went to celebrate New Years with their cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  I was told they finally went to bed at 3am.  So they came home and took a nap.

As I look back over 2010 the first thing that comes to my mind is having Lacie join our family.  She changed our lives (for the better, of course) and we have never been the same.  We did lots of baseball, baseball and baseball, Alexa started dance and we took some fun little vacations.  We are greatful for our family and friends that make the rest of our life great.  I'm excited for a wonderful 2011 and can't wait to see what it brings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your birthday was great, I thought about you all day! Dinner and shopping with the husband, what could be a better day OUT?? Love the winter pics, glad it's your back yard and not mine!! I love the sun though with the white (it's the storm and the temperature part, I don't miss!). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete