Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our Baby is One !


WOW - I can't believe that one year ago yesterday, we had our second little girl.  After two boys, I thought we would only have boys.  But our Lacie, last but not least, came at 11:10 pm on March 2, 2010. 
So her birthday is 3-2-10.  Get it? 3,2,1,0?  I thought that was cool.

Last night we had a party to celebrate this little girl who has made our life totally crazy!  We had cake and of course let her dig in first.  She wasn't really sure what to do but I think she liked the feel of the cake and frosting squishing through her fingers after a few minutes.

Then we opened presents.  What do you get a little girl who has a house full of toys already, being the fourth child?  I got her a couple of books because she loves to read.  And her favorite fruit snacks.  Her cousins got her some more treats and Grandma and Grandpa got her one of those ball popper things that you push.  None of our other kids had one of those!

After presents we were hanging out in the front room talking and I heard some commotion going on in the kitchen.  Then I heard the boys and my brother laughing and cheering and something about Minute to Win It.  The boys have fun with him because he can always think of something fun to do and get them laughing.  I found them pretending to be on Minute to Win It - doing a challenge.  I'm not exactly sure what it was I just saw cups of water, straws and puddles of water all over the counters.


When they figured out who won that (I don't know who, all we heard was the three of them cracking up) they were on to the next game, which again I'm not sure the exact title.  All I know was it had something to do with 10 books between their legs and going up and down the stairs.  I think there was a timer involved.


Again, not sure of the winner but they were all laughing.

We had a great night and Lacie was so tired because it was all over way past her bed time.  But here she is the next morning when she is officially 1year old.  We love her so much, she is the perfect addition to our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment