Monday, July 25, 2011

11 Years Old

On July 23, 2000 our lives changed forever!
My beautiful baby boy is now 11 years old.  I can still remember the day I really fell in love with him.  He was 4 days old and I was laying on the couch with him and it totally hit me.  I knew I would do anything in the whole world for this little person. I loved him more than anything in the whole world.  I had never felt like that before.  Sure, I love people in my life (of course) but this was different!

R was such a wonderful baby!  He gave me such confidence as a mom.  I thought I totally knew what I was doing, but years later, learned he was just such an easy baby and little boy.  Thanks R for being so good.

So.... this year what did he want to do for his birthday?  Go the the Bees game that night.  Lucky for him, they were having fireworks after because of the Pioneer Day weekend. 

Who did he want to invite? His baseball team and a couple of other friends!!!!  I thought for sure many would be out of town for the holiday weekend so I said, OK.  Just like us, many people decided to stay home so Larry and I got the privilege of taking 12,  boys to the game.  The lady sitting behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, " You are brave for taking all these boys to the game." 

Here are some pics of the celebration before the game.  Everyone came over for pizza and root beer floats and then we left for the game, borrowing Larry's parents SUV that also seats 7.  So I drove our van with 6 boys and Larry drove the other 6.



The game was really fun.  Bees won 18-9 and there were 5 or 6 home runs!  We all survived without any major mishaps.  Here they are at the game and watching fireworks. (No they didn't sit like that for the 4 hours we were there!  They were up and about the whole time, but I think everyone had lots of fun.)



If you know R, you know he has the softest heart.  He is a great athlete and VERY smart.  I know he will be so successful in what ever he does because everyone he meets loves him.  I'm so glad he's such a great brother, friend and son.  We love you R, Happy Birthday baby boy.



2 comments:

  1. I am glad you got the transportation worked out for your birthday adventure! Looks like a fun evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you survived the baseball game!! looks like he had a fun bday :)

    ReplyDelete