Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Few Fun Things

Here are a few fun things that we have done at the end of the summer.

1. LAGOON
Last weekend we took R, R's friend, T and A to Lagoon.  L stayed with Grandma and Grandpa for the day.  The boys have been there before but this was A's first time.  And this year T was FINALLY tall enough to ride the big roller coasters! He was so excited when we figured that out.  He has wanted to ride the big roller coasters since he was 4yrs old.  Larry took the boys on the bigger rides and I took A to kiddie land.  She had fun riding some by herself and there were also a bunch I could ride with her.  We would meet up every once in a while with the boys and toward the end of the day, T and A rode some rides together.


T and A really wanted to get their face painted. 

2. R went to Weblos Scout Camp.
I was asked to be one of the drivers and stay for the day at camp which I was excited about because I've had fun the last few times I have gone with him.  Everyone had lots of fun!  Here are some of the things they got to pass off.
Archery, BB Guns and Boating


There were also obstacle courses, hikes and funny skits. (The skits weren't R's favorite but he still played along.)


3. Roommates - like college room mates from many years (18yrs to be exact) ago!
I got to have lunch with some of my college room mates from my freshman and sophomore yrs. in college.  We were at Ricks College together in the dorms the first year.  Here are 3 of us (there were 6 of us total).



And here are 4 of us from my second year at Ricks.

Being with them brought back some great memories that I thought about for several days after. It was so fun to see them again!

5. Water Fun
L had fun with the hose and Sunny's water bowl  for a while the other day.  Here are some cute pictures.


***School starts in 2 days!  Even though it still feels like summer I guess we better get ready for a new school year.  6th grade, 2nd grade and Kindergarten HERE WE COME.....

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for roommate reunions! It was great to get together and reminisce. It makes me want to pull out all of my old photo albums and letters from that year we had together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you and catch up!!!

    ReplyDelete