Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cooking with the Girls

Cooking.  Yes, I'm they type that wants to get in and out of the kitchen with the least amount of mess.  Not that I don't like cooking, I just don't like cleaning up the kitchen.  So in my eyes, the less mess the better.  Which often means, not cooking with the kiddos. 

I often hear other moms talk about cooking with their kids and what a great time they have and how they feel they are teaching their children the importance of......? What are they teaching their kids?  I guess, how to cook and clean?  Anyway, I would rather do something else with my kids to be honest.  Something that doesn't leave flour, sugar and sticky all over the floor and me and them.  Like I have said before : Admitting that probably won't get me the mother of the year award.  Oh well, just being honest.

But...... today we decided to have a little fun.  A got a very cute new apron from Larry's friend at work so we had to put it to good use.  I had to make some brownies for a family party so I asked the girls if they wanted to help.  Boy were they excited!

Here's the result. 


Good thing I happened to have the camera on the microwave, within arms reach, to capture the fun.  And it really was pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment