Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Idaho

It has been almost 20 years since I had been to Idaho (except when we have gone to Bear Lake).  I can't believe we have lived this close for 7 years and haven't made the trip up to my old stomping  grounds (not like cowgirl stomping,  even though there's lots up there) but like the old stomping grounds of my first 2 years in college.  Those were a couple of life changing years for me so the little town of Rexbug holds a VERY special place in my heart.

We got to travel up there for the weekend to Idaho Falls for R's baseball tournament and had tons of fun.  I was so excited to get up there and I could hardly contain myself when I saw this :



I knew we had a couple more hours to get there but I was so happy!  R made a comment after a while that went something like this, "Is this what all of Idaho looks like?  There's really nothing here."  I replied with a huge smile on my face, "Pretty much! don't you love it?"  He just looked at me.  I don't think he really got my excitement.  Oh well.

Finally, arriving at our hotel we were excited to find we had a room in the back looking right out onto the water and temple.  L loved to get out on the balcony and watch the geese and look at the temple.


The next day R played 2 games and they won both of them! We were so excited for them and of course R did great in the field and hit awesome too.  In fact the whole team was hitting so well, it was fun to watch!





After a while L got tired and wanted to watch a movie.  Thank heavens for DVD players in the van.  So this is what she did for the last inning or two of the second game.



That night we had a pizza party with the team in the hotel and the coaches gave the boys little wooden bats that they could all sign for each other.  In the picture below they are all signing the bats and there is one picture from the games the next day.  They didn't go so well and lost both but R still played really good himself.  And that's what I always say to him.  "Of course it's always more fun to win, but I want  you to be able to say YOU played so great in the game." 


T and I tried to take a self portrait under the umbrella.  See, we were bored of watching a game we were losing.



That night we went up to Rexburg to visit some some great friends!  I was so excited to be with and talk to them that I didn't even pull out my camera until we left their house and decided I should take some pictures of where I had lived.  So no pictures with friends but here's some of the best place in the world :)!

There is my apartment building where I lived my second year, the temple that wasn't there when I lived there and the stadium.  I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I ran around that track or how many times I ran up and down those bleachers.  We had some very fun times at football games too since the Ricks College Vikings were Nationally ranked in the early, early 90's.  When we drove around the dorms, where I lived my first year, I couldn't for the life of me figure out which one was my Dorm 6!  Lots had changed and they all looked different, yet the same.  So no pictures of the Dorm 6 room 185 (right?). 

Then we got icecream on the way home.


The next day we decided to walk around the falls and the temple. 
That was Sunday and after going to the visitors center we traveled home.
We really had such a fun trip and hope we can go play in that tournament next year again. What a good experience! 

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Good times, room 185!! The temple looks amazing and I can't imagine how things have changed. I haven't been since my sister graduated in 95! You and Ricks will always have a special place in my heart!! PS I saw Chad Erikson in my church last week...he is in Heather's stake Presidency, was a Bishop at 28. It was fun catching up! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete