Change in general is something I struggle with. Even when it's something exciting and good and expected, just being different really throws me for a loop. My mind goes crazy, I get emotional and just totally out of my comfort zone. That's kinda how I've been feeling lately. I know, crazy, but that's just me.
So, with the end of another school year and the beginning of summer here are some of the things we have been up to......
Let's start with all the end of the year awards assemblies. A's was first as the kindergartners finished a few days before everyone else. They sang some songs and received their awards. We LOVED her teacher and A has already said she misses her! My girl is now a first grader - I can't believe it!
Then we had the end of the year dance festival. Each grade does a dance from a different decade. A did the Hokey Pokey, T did a country line dance and R did some different dance moves from the 80's. I tried to teach him how to REALLY do the "running man," "roger rabbit" and the "moon walk" but in the end they did it the best they could since it's all old stuff to them :):):). (I was a good dancer in the 80's ad 90's)
Next was A's dance recital. She of course did so great!
Then we went to T's last regular season game, before his tournament next week. He did a great job pitching.
Then we had T's awards assembly. He got his High Flying Hawk award for meeting all the goals set for the year! And also an award for doing great work in class. Nice job bud!
The same day R had his awards assembly. He also got his High Flying Hawk and a couple of other awards, the most impressive was the Hope of America Award. Only a few 6th graders get that - something to be very proud of.
On Saturday was our town parade and A was in it again with her dance company. After the parade she also performed up at the park while the carnival was going on as part of the entertainment that went on all day. Fun to watch her perform again, she is such a great dancer.
And here are the kids on some of the rides later that night at the carnival. For weeks L has wanted to ride a horse. Thankfully they had pony rides there. And she also had so much fun on the boats, train and little ferris wheel. The older kids went on some rocket ship ride with Larry and really liked that one. Those kind of rides always make me a little nervous since they are "taken down" after a couple of days and loaded on a truck. But everyone had fun.
So that is the start of our summer so far. I'm in the market for a better camera, getting ready for a few more baseball tourneys and lots of swimming fun.








No comments:
Post a Comment