I've always thought he was a great runner. He's fast, he "looks like a runner" and he really can run for a long time (he's in pretty good shape). I would hint around a little bit and always point out the high school boys cross country team as they ran by but I was afraid to say too much cause he always does the opposite of what I suggest. But one miraculous day he said he wanted to try Cross Country this fall - instead of flag football. I calmly said, "Cool, sounds like a great idea. Let's sign you up." But inside I was saying, "YES YES YES!!! I KNEW IT!!!" So we signed him up and he started practicing with about 25 other kids, a couple of the HS coaches and a couple of the HS runners. He has had 2 meets so far and his last one is this Friday.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
We Have a Runner
I'm so proud of this guy.
His age group runs a 3k and T has done great! The first race he got 6th place and in the second he got 7th but it was a little longer course. His time in the first race was 15:18.4 and it was sooooo fun to see him cross the finish line. Each time there have been 2 or 3 other Rec centers in the meet also.
We were a little worried if he didn't get first place he wouldn't want to continue (cause sometimes he's like that). But he really likes it. Likes racing and even likes the practices. Hopefully he's found his "thing" cause he's a pretty good little runner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment