Friday, November 2, 2012

Pre Halloween and Halloween Activities

A few weeks ago T had his last Cross Country meet.  It was an All County meet and they finished with the Championship!!!  We were all so excited for him! He did great in his last race.  He finished 6th in his age group for the boys with all the teams together.  And in his group he was the second of his team to finish.  In the picture below (not the team pic), the bottom left pic is him almost at the finish.  That cute girl a couple steps ahead of him (from another team) finally got passed by my boy and he finished a couple seconds ahead of her.  Below is a pic of the whole team with the trophy they get to display at the Rec Center for the year.  It's a "traveling trophy" so they have to win again next year to keep it again.  Go Mustangs!!!

T is on front row, first person sitting on left.
 


Next, we started to get ready for Halloween.  We made it to the pumpkin patch. Had fun in the corn maze, playing on some tractors, and going on a hay ride.  R found some ears of corn on the ground and flicked pieces of corn at me the whole time we were there.  


Then, T had his Halloween Scout Pack Mtg.  The boys had so much fun with all the activities.  The girls joined in and had a blast also.


Finally, it was Halloween.  I have to admit that Halloween is NOT my favorite holiday!  But I know the kids love it so I put up with it.  I did tell R this year he was too big for trick-or-treating.  He wasn't happy with me for a while but I told him to invite some friends over to watch scary movies and that I'd buy them all the candy they wanted.  So he had friends over, ate candy, went to some neighborhood haunted houses, ate more candy, took the little kids out trick-or-treating, watched a little bit of the scary movies, ate more candy, and had fun hanging out.


 I think the kids had fun and I'm glad it's all over with.  Happy Belated Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment