Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Decade Later


A windy (soon to storm day in Utah) when we visited the field where almost 3000 flags flew in honor of those who lost their lives 10 years ago.  Each flag had a name tag that told a little about that person.  I tried to read a couple to R and T but the tears quickly came and I couldn't finish.  I just read them to myself.

We lived in Virgina on 9-11-01.  I remember that day very clearly!

I was born and raised in the shadows of the Nations Capitol.  I didn't realize how lucky I was.  I love it there.

My dad was still teaching then.  They turned on the TV's in the classrooms and saw it all.  Many teachers quickly left because they had husbands or wives that worked at the Pentagon.  Many students were allowed to leave also because they had parents that worked there too.  Ask my dad about it and he still gets emotional.

R doesn't really remember that day, only what he has heard.  T, A and L weren't alive yet but have seen me cry every time I try to tell them what happened or answer their questions.  Today was no different.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment