We started by taking TRAX to the field, which is always a big hit, especially for L.
After we got to the field and got into our seats the team went to get ready to be introduced on the field. Here they are lined up waiting to introduce themselves and run to their spot.
Here's where the whole thing gets really special...
Below is R saying his name and what we had decided he would say was "I play pitcher and 3rd" and then run to the mound. BUT what he said was, his name and "I play pitcher. Happy Mothers Day Mom, I love you."
WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?! I got a shout out at the Bee's game. I couldn't believe my ears and instantly tears sprang to my eyes. Larry recorded the whole thing and you could hear the crowd cheer and then say ahhhhhhhh. I think Larry told him to say that but just the fact that he did is amazing cause he doesn't usually do anything out of the ordinary in front of thousands of people. Every time I think of it my heart melts. And before we went to the game he was asking me what my favorite Mother's Day present has ever been. I told him I loved them all especially the ones that are made by them but now that little shout out is definitely one of the top on my list.
So after all that he ran to the mound and stood there with one of his fellow pitchers and the starting Bee's pitcher for the National Anthem.
During the game I took T, A and L over to ride the train that goes back and forth past the outfield. And it was Pack the Park Pink Day (for breast cancer) and they gave out pink t-shirts to the first so many people. That's why all three are in the same pink shirt. Here they are waiting and on the train.
The next day was Sunday and Mother's Day and I was treated to breakfast in bed. When I came downstairs I found lots of special things waiting for me.
All my favorite treats and the coolest things made by my favorite people.
It was more than just Mother's Day, it was a couple of days that made all the hard, frustrating times seem so insignificant. I love this quote that a friend has on her blog.
"I love these little people. And it is not a slight thing when they, so fresh from God, love us."
-Charles Dickens




That is a super sweet shout out! Glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
ReplyDeleteWay to go Ryan!! Love it!
ReplyDelete