Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Yes, I realize Memorial Day seems so long ago, but I'm behind on posting pictures and couldn't figure out a good way to put everything I want to post in to one big post. So I'm just going to have to do them separately, starting with Memorial Day weekend.

Our weekend started Friday morning as we headed to Alpine for the first day of R's tournament.



They played two games and lost both by just a few runs.  And here is what I got to wash that night.  All I can say is that we use lots of Spray n Wash and Oxy Clean!


On Saturday there were of course 2 more games to finish out the tournament.  This day was better because they finished out with the most fabulous win.  They were behind 5 or 6 runs and came back to win by 2.  My throat was sore and scratchy until Monday.  It was so fun to watch all the boys hit, and I mean REALLY hit, like all the hits got out to the fence (where I was standing, behind the outfield). R started out hitting in a couple of runs and it just continued on with the others behind him.

 I heard some of the boys on our team complaining about the other team not being very nice, so one of the coaches said, "Go out there and hit hard and that will shut them up."  That's exactly what they did so it made the win just a little sweeter since the other team was not talking very nice, that is until the runs started to come one after another.  Then the whole other side got quiet.

I asked R about all that and what he heard, since he was playing first base for the whole game.  He said he didn't hear anything. (WHAAAT?)  Then I asked if he heard me yelling, no screaming for him, and saw me jumping up and down with my blue blanket over my head (it was cold that day).  And he looked at me a little confused and simply said, "No."  That, right there, explains R during a game.  He is obviously in his own little baseball world.  All that cheering for nothing.  And my throat really hurt.  Awesome win though.

Here they are after.

Since we were down in Provo for those games we had to eat at Brick Oven.  And the balloon guy was there again too. 



To end the fun weekend, on Monday morning I played at the Memorial Day ceremony over at the cemetery.

I'm right in the middle, in the back.

After that we all went to Grandma and Grandpa's for breakfast with the cousins.  Here is L that afternoon.

I think that's how we all felt after that weekend.  Of course a special THANKS to all those who have served our country in the past, those that do now and those that will keep us safe in the future.  I'm proud to be an American!

No comments:

Post a Comment