Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Rodeo's and Cowboys

Last weekend we got tickets to the rodeo.  This was a new experience for my kids.  (I spent a couple of my college years in Idaho and learned alot.  I had never seen boys wear such tight Wranglers before.  In fact I don't know if I ever really saw boys were Wranglers at all, where I grew up.  My roommate, who was from Idaho also taught me about the crazy bright colored shirts the boys in tight jeans wore, called brush poppers.  And you can't forget those boots, not cowboy boots but the ones with the fringes. It all brings back great memories, I loved those two years of my life, seriously!) 

All of that said, my kids have not experienced any of that.  R mentioned on the way there that he didn't have a cowboy hat.  I told him his baseball hat would be just fine.  And T asked if we would see bull fighting.  Whoops, wrong country.  I said no fighting, just riding.  A just LOVES horses so she was excited too. 

Luckily we found some friends to sit with and R's friend took RT and A around to see all the animals and hang out down by the arena.  A asked several questions about the bulls (just let your mind wander a little) and loved petting some horses that were walking around.  All in all we had a really fun night and R asked if we could go next year.  Guess we need to purchase some hats and boots now, we might have some cowboys/cowgirls in the family.






1 comment:

  1. YEEEE HAAWW!! Yes and what about those big ole belt buckles!?!? There's nothing like a good rodeo! Glad it brought back some fond memories!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete