I decided that my kids are definitely from the city! The farm was so much fun for them and they all loved the animals, even L. We brought some bread to feed the ducks and geese and went to the pond first. It only took a minute for ALL the ducks and geese to realize we had food. They were so aggressive, especially the geese. Toby took off and hid behind a building because he has watched to many Funniest Home Videos shows where the geese chase the little kids. We didn't see him until we were all done with the bread. Ry fed them for a little while but then went to find T. A tried to help feed them but they kept stepping on her feet trying to take the bread from her and she didn't like that. L watched in amazement from the stroller because they came right up to her and the geese were SO loud.
Here is A trying to hide under the stroller.
Here are some other cute shots of the kids.
We found this little baby goat right before we left. He was so cute. Toby kept saying he wanted to take him home.
We had many "animal science lessons" that day. All we really know in our house are dogs. Here was my favorite comment from T. - On the way home we were talking about all the animals and A says, "I saw the cow pee." (really they saw every animal pee at some point and always commented. WHY do kids do that?) So T says, "How do cows pee anyway? Is it through their milking things?" I started laughing and told him no, and started to explain but then the conversation moved on to other things. I'm pretty sure I have taught him what those "milking things" are but once again, we are city folk. We definitely need to go back to the farm and learn more.
No comments:
Post a Comment