Saturday, April 2, 2011

Isn't she a beauty?

Isn't she a real beauty?  No, no, not the dog, although she is my girl, take a good look at that couch.  Yes, that's in my front room!  Sunny seems to like it but we didn't get it cause it's so cool looking.  (Really, check out those colors.)  This couch is very special because it comes from Larry's grandma, who passed away in November at the age of 97. 

Larry used to work at a furniture shop recovering couches, chairs, love seats etc.  So he's an expert on knowing quality furniture.  Quality meaning, old stuff is the best!  A long time ago (like when this couch was made) furniture was really sturdy and made from real wood not the ply wood stuff they use now.  One day we will recover this baby and it will look great.  It costs about the same to recover something as it does to buy it new but like I said old stuff will hold up so much better, example: this couch!

It kinda brought me back to my collage days.  I could totally picture this in an apartment and hear someone saying, "look what we just picked up at DI."  It is actually very comfortable but I just couldn't bring myself to leave it like that.  And we have been talking about getting a couch or love seat for the front room.......


There, that's much better!!!  See, nothing a slip cover, a few pillows and a blanket can't fix. (Not sure what the black piece of paper sticking out from underneath is, just ignore that).  I think I can handle this until it's covered for real.

1 comment:

  1. So you really do have grass? Both times I've been at your house there has been a ton of snow!! Hope you are enjoying some spring weather! Yes, at Ricks we would have thought that blue couch was a real find!

    ReplyDelete