Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

We made it to the pumpkin patch this year.  Last year Larry's grandma fell and broke her hip so for the month of October we spent lots of time with her, resulting in no Halloween pumpkins at our house.  So this year the kids were very excited to go.  Here's how it went.


You would think that after all the runs through the corn maze, picking out pumpkins, riding hay rides and tractors everyone would be tired and happy.  Oh no, the whole way home everyone fought, bugged and annoyed each other and somehow it continued on into the house.  After threatening to send everyone to bed with out dinner etc etc etc somehow we got dinner on the table and everyone into bed pretty quick.  Thank goodness, cause I think I also threatened to drive away myself and leave them all there to fend for themselves.  But we are all still alive to tell about it and have some pumpkins this year too.  Just keepin' it real, people.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we've had those days too! Gotta love way too much time outside together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is EmmaLee, but it won't let me post a comment with my google account (weird). I'm glad you're keepin' it real, because this is exactly what happens with our kids on a regular basis! I wish we lived closer and we could all do stuff like this together! Then maybe the kids wouldn't fight so much!

    ReplyDelete